Here is the latest info about the Bikes & Bulls event this weekend
Updated July-26-2018 at 2pm
- This is a family friendly outdoor event.
- Absolutely No Pets permitted in the Beer Gardens area.
- Pets may be permitted in camping area at assigned camp site only. Leashed, not wandering.
- Please obey all posted signage, security instructions, and physical event barriers.
Outdoor Venue Notes
- This event takes place on a privately-owned Airport Facility. The Airdrie Aerodrome encompasses a 600+ acre parcel of land.
- Please bring your own hats, umbrellas, sunscreen and bug spray, lawn chairs and water bottles!
- Please be mindful of the volunteers and utilize the Trash and Recycling receptacles provided.
- General Parking on site is included with your admission to the event. The parking area is grassland.
- The spectator viewing area for Drag Racing is positioned track side at the launch area behind crash barricades and safety fence keeping you a safe distance from the high-speed action.
- The competitor pit area is open ONLY to competitors and considered closed to spectators due to liability concerns for personal and property.
- There will be a Beer Gardens on the event grounds. Although Free Camping is provided, outside beverages are not permitted in the Beer Gardens, Drag Racing, or Show & Shine area.
- Please respect the private space we are renting and clean-up after yourselves. As a volunteer supported event, we do not have the manpower to clean up after you. Please respect our hard-working volunteer event staff. They are doing their jobs out of passion and a sense of community spirit. If you have a concern that is not emergency or safety in nature, please feel free to let a volunteer staff know. They will pass on the information so that it can be best handled by our event management team.
- **Please respect the valuable machinery you are witnessing. Do not touch, lean on, sit on, hang your camera or phone over any of the expensive vehicles that are on display. Take lots of pictures and post them to our Facebook or Instagram page when you get a chance!
- Due to potential of grass fires due to high winds on airport FIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- This will be strictly enforced and anyone disobeying will be immediately ejected from the event.
- Smoking receptacles MUST be used at all times.
- Only those displaying the correct ID badges will be allowed in the Competition Zones, Pits, Tech Inspection or staging areas. Security staff will escort disrespectful individuals or those not following the rules, from the event grounds.
- Private security will be monitoring the event grounds and parking areas. If you witness any problem individuals or need any assistance, please approach any of our security staff with your concerns. RCMP are aware and will be monitoring the traffic to and from the event.
- Please respect our community and highway traffic safety at all times. The RCMP will be taking a zero-tolerance approach to stunting, speeding and traffic bylaws.
- Spectators will enter at the east gate and park in a grassy area / field. (second property entrance from Airdrie).
- Competitors will enter through the west gate off Yankee Valley Blvd marked by signs. (first property entrance from Airdrie). If competitor cars are trailered to the event, then the support truck/trailers will need to park in a designated parking area near the pits. The paved pit area is limited to competition vehicles only.
How do I get tickets for this event?
General admission tickets are available for purchase on this site, $20 per day or $50 for a weekend pass.
Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Yes, tickets will also be available at the entrance, cash only.
Are kids allowed at the event?
Kids under 16 are free and are permitted up until 10pm, under supervision.
Will there be seating for the events?
Yes, there will be bleacher seating but it is advisable to bring your own chairs.
Is camping available?
Camping is free for weekend pass holders ($50 per person) and is available on a first come first serve basis, in the designated camping area only. There are no hookups or services.
Can we have a fire at the campground?
Fires are not permitted on the airport grounds, however propane units are allowed.
Are dogs allowed at the event?
Dogs are allowed in the camping area only and must be on a leash at all times.
Is there a schedule of events?
HOW TO GET HERE
Where does the event take place?
This year, the event will be held at the Airdrie Airpark, located 5km east of Hwy QE2 on Yankee Valley Blvd / Township Road 270. Click here for map.
Will transportation be provided to and from the event?
Yes, we will be offering a free shuttle bus service to and from Airdrie. Click here for bus route and schedule.
SHOW N SHINE INFO
Do we have to register in advance for the show n shine, or can we pay at the gate?
You can pay at the gate on Saturday morning, but pre-registration gets you prime placement in front of the beer gardens and higher volume area.
What are the rules for racing participants?
How do I register for this event?
Vendor applications are located here: https://www.aoaalberta.com/bikes-and-bulls-rumble-on-the-runway-2018/vendor-applications/
What are the opening/closing hours for vendors?
Vendors should expect to be open for business on Friday from 6pm to 10 pm, Saturday from 10am to 10pm, and Sunday from 10am to 3pm. You are welcome to open earlier and/or stay open later if you wish.
What are the setup/takedown times?
Setup for all vendors will be on Friday, July 27th, between 3-5 pm. All set up must be completed by 6pm. No take down before 3pm on Sunday, July 29th, 2018.