How do I get tickets for this event?
General admission tickets will be available for purchase on this site, $20 per day or $50 for a weekend pass.
Do I have to print a copy of my ticket?
You will receive a PDF ticket by email. You can print the ticket or you can show the ticket on your phone. You will receive a wristband at the gate.
Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Yes, tickets will also be available at the entrance, cash only.
Are kids allowed at this event?
Kids under 16 are free and are permitted up until 10pm, under supervision.
Will there be seating for the events?
Yes, there will be bleacher seating but it is advisable to bring your own chairs.
Will there be Food Trucks?
Yes, we have booked food trucks for this event.
Will there be Beer Gardens?
Yes, there will be a Beer Garden on the event grounds. Outside beverages are permitted in the Camping area only, and are not permitted in the Beer Gardens, Drag Racing, or Show & Shine areas.
Will there be washroom facilities?
There are no indoor washroom facilities, however portable toilets will be brought in for the event.
Are dogs allowed at the event?
Absolutely no dogs or other pets are allowed in the event areas. Dogs are allowed in the camping area at your assigned camp site only, and must be on a leash at all times.
What time do the gates open?
The gates will be open on Friday from 5pm to 1am, Saturday 8am to 1am, Sunday 8am to 3pm.
Is there a schedule of events?
Schedule will be posted the week before the event.
Where does the event take place?
This year, the event will be held at the Airdrie Airpark, located 5km east of Hwy QE2 on Yankee Valley Blvd / Township Road 270. Click here for map.
Where can I park?
General parking on site is included with your admission to the event. Spectators will enter at the East Gate (second property entrance from Airdrie) and park in a grassy area/field.
Will transportation be provided to and from the event?
No, there will not be any shuttle bus service to the event.
Is camping available?
Camping is free for weekend pass holders ($50 per person) and is available on a first come first serve basis, in the designated camping area only. There are no hookups or services.
Can we have a fire at the campground?
Fires are not permitted on the airport grounds, however propane units are allowed.
SHOW N SHINE INFO
Do we have to register in advance for the Show N Shine, or can we pay at the gate?
You can pay at the gate on Saturday morning, but pre-registration gets you prime placement in front of the beer gardens and higher volume area.
DRAG RACING INFO
What are the rules for racing participants?
Drag Racing info is located here: Drag Racing Registration
Is there a separate entrance for competitors?
Yes, all competitors will enter through the West Gate (first property entrance from Airdrie) and proceed directly to the pit area.
Where do I park my rig?
If competitor cars are trailered to the event, then the support truck/trailers will need to park in a designated parking area near the pits. The paved pit area is limited to competition vehicles only.
VENDOR & FOOD TRUCK INFO
How do I register for this event?
What are the opening/closing hours for vendors?
Vendors should expect to be open for business on Friday from 6pm to 10 pm, Saturday from 10am to 10pm, and Sunday from 10am to 3pm. You are welcome to open earlier and/or stay open later if you wish.
What are the setup/takedown times?
Setup for all vendors will be on Friday, July 26th, 2019 between 3-5 pm. All set up must be completed by 6pm. No take down before 3pm on Sunday, July 28th, 2019.
- This is a family friendly outdoor event.
- Please bring your own hats, umbrellas, sunscreen and bug spray, lawn chairs and water bottles!
- Please obey all posted signage, security instructions, and physical event barriers.
OUTDOOR VENUE NOTES
- This event takes place at the Airdrie Airpark, a privately owned airport facility encompassing a 600+ acre parcel of land.
- The spectator viewing area for Drag Racing is positioned track side at the launch area behind crash barricades and safety fence keeping you a safe distance from the high-speed action.
- The competitor pit area is open ONLY to competitors and considered closed to spectators due to liability concerns for personal and property.
- Please respect the private space we are renting and clean up after yourselves. As a volunteer supported event, we do not have the manpower to clean up after you. Trash and Recycling receptacles will be provided. Please use them.
- Please respect our hard-working volunteer event staff. They are doing their jobs out of passion and a sense of community spirit. If you have a concern that is not emergency or safety in nature, please feel free to let a volunteer staff know. They will pass on the information so that it can be best handled by our event management team.
- Please respect the valuable machinery you are witnessing. Do not touch, lean on, sit on, hang your camera or phone over any of the expensive vehicles that are on display. Take lots of pictures and post them to our Facebook or Instagram page when you get a chance!
- Due to potential of grass fires due to high winds on airport FIRES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- This will be strictly enforced and anyone disobeying will be immediately removed from the event.
- Smoking receptacles MUST be used at all times.
- Only those displaying the correct ID badges will be allowed in the Competition Zones, Pits, Tech Inspection and/or Staging Areas.
- Private security will be monitoring the event grounds and parking areas. Security staff will escort disrespectful individuals or those not following the rules, from the event grounds. If you witness any problem individuals or need any assistance, please approach any of our security staff with your concerns.
- Please respect our community and highway traffic safety at all times. The RCMP will be taking a zero-tolerance approach to stunting, speeding and traffic bylaws and will be monitoring the traffic to and from the event.